Your company is ready to unveil a brand spanking new sales incentive program geared toward improving the performance of your employees and channel members. There is a highly enticing and exciting award for winners, such as an all-expenses paid trip to the Caribbean or incentive card loaded with thousands of dollars in value. You have a clever, fun theme for the program that everyone is sure to love. The success of the program which is measured through increasing sales, improving employee performance, and fostering employee engagement and channel participation, will however, hinge largely on your ability to successfully create a cohesive, compelling marketing communication program that spreads the word, lays out the rules, and elicits interest.
Successful marketing communication plans effectively employ tools that can include:
– Program Websites – A responsive design website, which creates a user experience that is optimal regardless of device utilized, will go a long way in improving communications. Responsive web design allows the page to appear consistent on mobile devices, tablets, laptops, desktops, and browsers of all kinds, and is critical and uncomplicated in this day and age. If the website does not show up in an aesthetically pleasing manner the first time they visit the site, they may abandon it and not return or participate in the program. The program rules should be communicated clearly and with an aesthetically appealing design.
– Email Blasts – Communications that are engaging and to the point will yield the best results. Language should be playful and inspiring. Selecting subject lines that yield high open rates is very important.
– Announcement Brochures – These printed pieces combine effective copy with awesome aesthetics that catch the eye. The copy should be very easy to comprehend and digest. Utilizing bullet points, small blocks of text, and compelling headlines will optimize reader comprehension. Bright colors, attractive images, and other enticing graphics will strengthen the appearance of the brochure and keep the reader engaged.
– Promotional Products – Tangible items that are branded and bear the program logo can be another effective way to reinforce the program to participants. Items that are fun and useful, or placed in high traffic areas for participants, will keep the sales incentive program in the front of their faces and in their minds.
– Text Message Alerts – These text messaging alerts allow users to opt-in to receive updates and news about the contest sent directly to their mobile device. This communication medium is an excellent way to keep motivation high, update progress, and remind participants of the prizes that they can win.